Monday, August 6, 2012

Menu August 6: Part 1

We're actually driving home from a two week vacation today so I don't have a menu for this week yet. I'm hoping to be able to post one tomorrow though.
Before we left and while on vacation we were able to try some recipes...

Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Chicken: I cannot wait to try this again. I've tried many recipes, attempting to match the flavor you get from the sauce packets and this is definitely the closest I've ever tasted.
I don't have a picture but I tried SnoWhite's trick for silk-free sweet corn. It wasn't perfect but it was definitely much easier than normal.

And, again, no picture but our first meal on vacation, right after unloading the car, was a Picnic Sandwich. It was okay and has definite potential, with some tweaks.

Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment