Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Buckeye Brownies

I signed up to bring a dessert to a church potluck and the day before I still had no idea what to make. I didn't want to go shopping so I was limited to what I had on hand. I wanted something more than just your basic bar, I wanted delicious and impressive. Based on the comments and requests for the recipe I think these Buckeye Brownies fulfilled my requirements.
They start with a simple brownie base {although a similar recipe used chocolate chip cookie dough as the base, which I think would also be great}, then a peanut butter filling, topped with chocolate. Obviously, since it has peanut butter and chocolate it will be a winner but this was beyond expectations. If you like peanut butter balls you will love these Buckeye Brownies!

Buckeye Brownies
 Print Recipe
Yields: 1 9x 13 pan
Source: Nestle and Susie Cutie Pies  

Ingredients:
Brownies
1 2/3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
2 T water
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Middle Layer
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
Topping
3-4 T butter
6 oz chocolate chips
 
Directions:
   1.  Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13x9 pan.
   2.  Combine sugar, butter and water in a large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
   3.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, coca, baking powder and salt. Stir into sugar mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
   4.  Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out slightly sticky.
   5.  After brownies have cooled, combine powdered sugar, butter and peanut butter. Spread over brownies (may need to press with fingers).
   6.   Melt butter and chocolate chips until smooth. Spread over brownies.

   *Another recipe I looked at suggested using chocolate chip cookie dough as the base.

This is linked to Finding Joy in My Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment