Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu 1-24

Success-I remembered to take a picture for every meal this week!

Monday we enjoyed Baked Potato Soup, Dan's favorite soup.
Tuesday was a new recipe, Cheesy Salsa Mini Meatloaves, which we decided is a keeper. It was moist, delicious and wonderful!
We also enjoyed Twice Baked Potato Casserole with our meatloaf. It was a good "guy meal." Meat and potatoes.
Wednesday night we tried another new recipe, Penne Puttanesca. While it wasn't awful it likely won't be making another apperance on our table.
We also had a delicious Italian Herb bread with this that you can just see in the corner of the picture. The bread will definitely make another apperance. We all loved it!
The meal Thursday night was pretty much a non-recipe: olive oil and Italian seasoning on the potatoes and onions and Italian dressing and Italian seasoning on the chicken. I realized about five minutes before it was done cooking that I had forgotten to put carrots in with the potatoes. The color was definitely missing but the taste was still good.
We're breaking out of our pizza rut. We tried Burrito Pizza this week. As I was putting it together I was getting a little apprehensive but it turned out great. We also put a little sour cream on the top which really brought it all together.
For Saturday brunch we had potato pancakes. I've been looking around for recipes to use up my fifteen pounds of potatoes and thought this was worth trying. We liked them and will have them again. Next time, though, I'm going to try adding a little sugar to the batter as they were missing a sweetness unless you had syrup on them.

This week is going to be a mix of new recipes and tried and true recipes.
  • Monday: Soup Night! Toscana Soup: It's like the soup from Olive Garden. This is another of Dan's favorites. I'm also going to make Potato Bread, which I've never tried before.
  • Tuesday: Chicken Pot Pie: I made a pot pie once last year but have no idea what recipe I used.
  • Wednesday: Spaghetti Pie: This is a recipe from my mother-in-law and another of Dan's favorites.
  • Thursday: Tuna Melt Pie: This is definitely our most adventurous meal this week. I'll be leaving the mushrooms out since neither of us care for them.
  • Friday: Pizza Night! BBQ Chicken Pizza: One of our standard types of pizza but it sure is delicious.
  • Saturday: Leftover Pizza
  • Sunday: Leftovers 

No comments:

Post a Comment