Monday, August 1, 2011

Menu 8-1

Recap From Last Week:
 
On Monday we had Bunsteads with Green Pea Salad. The Green Pea Salad is getting added to our rotation of side dishes. All the flavors came together in such a delicious way!
Tuesday night we had Chicken Tortilla Soup with Corn Bread. The soup, as is typical, was delicious, even on a warm night. The cornbread recipe is one I've been using for a while but we haven't had any for quite some time. I'm going to try to work it in more often as we really enjoy it though. {Recipe coming Wednesday}


Wednesday night we had Chimichangas with Mexican Rice. I made sure to write down exactly how I made the rice but it wasn't quite perfect so I'm going to keep trying.
The rest of the week our daughter and I ate at my parent's house and my husband had his "bachelor" foods.


Onto This Week:
  • Monday: BBQ Pork Sandwiches with 3 Bean Salad: I have hamburger buns in the freezer and the pork is already cooked and shredded so all I have to do is mix some BBQ sauce in and make the salad. Sounds easy enough to me!
  • Tuesday: Homemade Mac n Cheese: We love this Mac n Cheese. It has ham, peas and, of course, pasta and cheese. I'm excited because it's already made and waiting in the freezer!
  • Wednesday: Spaghetti Pie with Breadsticks: This also is already in the freezer. I love easy weeks.
  • Thursday: Some sort of Vegetable Egg Quiche: I think it's going to end up being a combination of a few recipes but right now I'm thinking broccoli, maybe some ham, peas, cheese and eggs. We'll see what happens Thursday afternoon.
  • Friday: Pizza Night! Chicken Bacon Ranch: There's cooked bacon in the freezer and hopefully at some point during the week I'll remember to bake some chicken which will make this pretty easy.
  • Saturday Brunch: Pancakes: Might as well stick with the "easy" theme that ended up happening this week.
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment