Monday, August 29, 2011

Menu 8-29

Recap From Last Week:
As always, we really enjoyed the BBQ Pork Sandwiches with homemade hamburger buns and 3 Bean Salad. It's almost become my go-to summer meal but that's okay because it's easy and delicious!
 
We used the second half of the hamburger buns for Chicken Salad Sandwiches and thoroughly enjoyed them. I made Green Pea Salad to go alongside. The Green Pea Salad has now made it into my official recipe file!
Well, unless someone has a brilliant fix I think trying Homemade Hot Dog Buns once was good enough for me. The taste was fine we just missed the softness of store bought ones. The Tater Tots were good but probably not something I'll make all that often.
The Chicken Pasta Salad was wonderful! I think the addition of the ranch dressing really set it apart from other pasta salads. I ended up putting broccoli, cucumbers, celery, carrots, green pepper, onion and chicken in our version. We tried Sweet Onion Bread for the first time and loved it! It was such a moist, slightly sweet wonderful bread that we will definitely have again.
We tried the Pepperoni Monkey Bread Pizza for our Pizza Night this week. It definitely took longer to prepare than normal pizza would but it was a fun change. Next time I might try putting some cheese in the dough and also try to get more filling in each ball.
The Waffles were tasty but not quite as toasty as usual. I think that was largely due to the fact that I was trying to get brunch on the table in a hurry and took them out as soon as the light turned green instead of waiting just a bit longer. No matter, we ate them anyway since they still tasted great!
Our daughter and I made Apple Cream Cheese Muffins early in the week. We liked them but likely won't be making them again as there are other muffin recipes we enjoy more.
I finally got around to trying Pancake and Sausage Muffins, much to my husband's delight. Honestly, they aren't my favorite but he really likes them so they'll probably make another appearance in the future.

Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Out to Eat: It's been a while and sometimes you just need a treat!
  • Tuesday: Corndog Muffins: I'm basing it off of this recipe but I'll probably use my own cornbread recipe.
  • Wednesday: Cranberry Chicken Sandwich: I have no link for this because it's going to be an experiment. I'm not 100% sure yet what I'm envisioning but it will involve chicken, cranberries and homemade bread.
  • Thursday: Egg Dish: Again, no link because I'm making it up as I go. I had this on the menu a few weeks ago but it got skipped. I'm thinking a pie crust, some random veggies, cheese and (obviously) eggs.
  • Friday: We're off to the cottage for the night.
  • Saturday Brunch: Cottage
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment