Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Foreshadowing

There's a definite theme this week: fruit and, for 3 of the 5 recipes, cream cheese. It's not wonder though because first of all, fruit and cream cheese work well together in so many ways. Also, it's summer and summer means fruit! (And hot weather but I don't think anyone really wants to talk about that anymore.)
  • Raspberry Cream Cheese Braid from Recipes, Made My Way!: I have plum jam and peach jam on hand so when I make this I'll substitute one of those for the raspberry jam. I think it'll still be great though!
  • Raspberry Cream Cups with Pretzels from Life as Mom: These look absolutely decadent!
  • Apple Cream Cheese Muffins from Pillsbury: I am always looking for new muffin recipes to try.
  • Tropical Waffles from Pillsbury: This recipe takes simple waffles and decks them out with some amazing toppings!
  • Watermelon Frosty from Mel's Kitchen Cafe: How delightful would this be on one of the never-ending hot summer days?
This is linked to Friday Favorites.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm, that watermelon frosty looks perfect for a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pretzel cups -- brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing your recipes to-try with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your post on muffins, I posted some muffin tips the other day, feel free to stop by, maybe there will be something there to help you. Thanks for sharing your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin the Watermelon Frosty.I pinned it to try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eying a recipe that's either the same or very similar to that raspberry cream cheese braid! It's almost like a strudel!

    ReplyDelete