Wednesday, August 10, 2011

3 Bean Salad

Much like the Stromboli we had at the same meal, the memory that comes to mind when I think of 3 Bean Salad is eating at my sister-in-law's house soon after we were engaged. It was delicious and finally this summer I got around to figuring out my own version!
Technically, I suppose mine is only 2 Bean Salad since all I use is green beans and kidney beans (white kidney beans in these pictures). I looked at buying wax beans like many recipes call for but since I can get green beans for half the price I call that good enough!
This salad tastes best if you mix it up in the morning for an evening meal. That way all the flavors can really blend to make a delicious taste.

3 Bean Salad
 Print Recipe
Yields: 6-8 servings

Ingredients:
~ 2 cups green beans
1 can kidney beans
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup Italian dressing
5 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup vegetable oil  

Directions:
   1.  In a medium bowl combine beans, onion and parsley.
   2.  In a small bowl mix salt, pepper, dressing, sugar, garlic powder, vinegar and oil.
   3.  Pour dressing over beans; stir well. Refrigerate until serving.

This is linked to Good Cheap Eats and URS.

1 comment:

  1. what a great dish perfect for labor day or any dinner come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com and see what I shared

    ReplyDelete