Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Stromboli

 
Soon after my husband and I were engaged we went to his sister's house for dinner. She made Stromboli and my husband decided he loved it. I made a version the first year we were married but haven't made it since.
Last week I looked at a few different recipes, combined parts from each and came up with our version of Stromboli. It's really quite a simple dish to make and will likely make frequent appearances at our table!

Stromboli
 Print Recipe
Yields: 4-6 servings

Ingredients:
pizza dough (not pictured)
1 cup peas
8-10 slices ham lunchmeat
~40 pieces pepperoni
1 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (not pictured)
black olives

Directions:
   1.  Preheat oven to 375.
   2.  Roll out pizza dough to a large rectangle, no longer than your baking sheet.
   3.  Sprinkle approximately 1/4 cup shredded cheese over the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
   4.  Add ham, pepperoni, peas and olives. Top with remaining cheeses.
   5.  Roll up, starting with the long side; tuck ends in and pinch seams together.
   6.  Place seam side down on baking sheet; bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.

1 comment:

  1. thank u soo much for posting this! I have 5 kiddos and this made my weekend ! I am always looking for these type and sooo blessed to have founf it! yippie!

    ReplyDelete