Monday, August 22, 2011

Menu 8-22

Recap From Last Week:
~We were actually on vacation the last two weeks (ah, blessed down time!) so this recap is actually from the menu from August 1st~
Monday we had BBQ Pork sandwiches with 3 Bean Salad. The pork was from the freezer and the salad is really easy to put together in the morning so it was a simple dinner to make.
We had Homemade Mac n Cheese on Tuesday night. I had actually made this a few weeks before and stuck it in the freezer so it was simply a case of remembering to move it to the fridge the night before so it would thaw in time! I can't find the original recipe online anymore but it's a basic macaroni and cheese with peas and ham pieces thrown in as well.
Wednesday was another meal from the freezer as I still have Spaghetti Pie from the last time I made a batch. We also had Breadsticks which I've decided I might be a little obsessed with!
I honestly can't remember what happened but for some reason we didn't have the Egg Quiche on Thursday like I had planned.
For Friday Pizza Night we had Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza. I got the suggestion from one of my friends from college. We've tried it once before and liked it; this time we added some onions as well and thought it turned out great!
Saturday morning I was lucky to have my husband make the Pancakes. He even dressed them up a bit by taking our normal pancake recipe and added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter and some mini-chocolate chips to each pancake as it baked. The result was splendid!
I tried the Strawberry Banana Muffins and we really liked them. The next time I'm going to try adding more strawberries and possibly putting half of them in the food processor to try and spread the deliciousness throughout the muffin a little better.
We also celebrated my husband's birthday. He requested a limeade pie, just like last year. Our daughter helped me make it and she thoroughly enjoyed licking the spatula when we were done!



Onto This Week:
  • Monday: BBQ Pork Sandwiches with 3 Bean Salad: As in becoming the norm around here we'll use homemade hamburger buns.
  • Tuesday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches: We'll use the rest of the buns from Monday. I'm going to try harder to remember to actually put the cashews in this time. (I completely forgot last time!)
  • Wednesday: Hot Dogs on Homemade Buns with Homemade Tater Tots/ Hashbrowns: I'm going to try making hot dog buns. I'm a little apprehensive about getting a decent shape so we'll see. I made the tater tots and hashbrowns a few weeks ago and they're waiting in the freezer.
  • Thursday: Chicken Pasta Salad: As is probably typical with recipes like this I'm going to mostly follow the recipe. I already told my husband I'd add olives to his portion.
  • Friday: Pizza Night! Pepperoni Monkey Bread Pizza: We're branching out! I saw this and couldn't resist. It looks tasty albeit a little bit of work.
  • Saturday Brunch: Waffles: I'm hoping to have enough leftover waffles to stick in the freezer so I can make this Tropical Waffle Bake on a coming Saturday.
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment