Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pancakes

I've been using the same pancake recipe for years. I have no idea where I got it from. I always thought the pancakes were pretty good. This week I decided to try a new recipe because I was just in the mood to try. Well, I am so glad I did. That old pancake recipe is out the door and replaced with this one!
I've always wished I could make pancakes that were fluffy like at a restaurant and these are pretty close. They were easy to throw together, puffed up nicely and tasted excellent!

Pancakes
 Print Recipe
Yields: 8-9 pancakes

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1 T sugar
2 T butter, melted
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
   1.  Preheat griddle.
   2.  In a medium bowl beat egg with hand mixer until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth.
   3.  Grease griddle (if necessary). Pour 3 T batter per pancake onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles start to appear; turn. Cook until golden brown.
   4.  Keep warm in low oven until ready to serve.
Source: Betty Crocker 1988 Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment