Thursday, February 24, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza

BBQ Chicken Pizza is my favorite! My failed search for a good one is what started my ventures into homemade pizza. Now we rarely have pizza that isn't homemade. I'd say we're pretty glad I couldn't find a satisfactory one!
I like to buy chunk pineapple and then use the food processor to shred it. I also try to precook the chicken, either earlier in the week or the day. It makes it really easy to put this pizza together. We use homemade dough but store bought is fine as well. We've found the key to a great pizza is to preheat the oven for a longer time than normal.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
 Print Recipe
Yields: 4 servings

Ingredients:
pizza dough
1/2 can chunk pineapple, shredded
1 large chicken breast, cooked and diced
BBQ sauce
~1 cup shredded cheese

Directions:
   1.  Preheat oven to 450 (or as pizza dough package recommends).
   2.  Roll out dough to fit pan. Spread BBQ sauce over dough, leaving the edges clean. Evenly place chicken and pineapple across dough. Cover with cheese.
   3.  Bake 12 minutes, broiling 1-2 minutes at end, if necessary. Let pizza sit 2 minutes before cutting.
This is linked to Tasty Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Pineapple and barbecue sauce?! I would have never thought to put the two together - but you know - they sound really good!

    ReplyDelete