Monday, February 28, 2011

Menu 2-28

We absolutely loved the lasagna soup. The cheeses (hidden underneath the soup) are what really make it taste like a good lasagna.
There is something so delicious and satisfying about a good taco. I think it's how all the ingredients are together and wrapped up leaving no choice but for the flavors to mix together. And it's a relatively easy meal too!
The Bunsteads were almost a meal gone wrong. I had it all spread on the bread when I realized I had forgotten to put the cheese in! Back into the bowl it all went. It was an easy mistake to fix and they turned out great.
The Apple Onion Cider Chicken turned out great. I changed a few things as I was making it but it all came together fine. My husband and I actually thought it was better the next day, after the chicken had soaked in the delicious sauce.
We have found the winning combination for Burrito Pizza! A few little changes here and there gave us a wonderful pizza.
I got a cookbook, The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book, from the library this week and tried a few recipes from it. The first was Cranberry Orange Muffins. I didn't have orange juice so I substituted pineapple juice which worked great. These also were better the longer they sat. I'm definitely going to keep this recipe and try it again.
From the same cookbook I also tried Cinnamon Swirl cookies. These too were better the next day. However, they will not be making another appearance in our home. It was a fun recipe to try but for the amount of work and time put into them the results were not spectacular enough.

Finally, a week where I didn't have a hard time making the menu. It's so easy to get discouraged sometimes about trying to get things to work but then you have a week where it falls into place so easily and you are completely rejuvenated!
  • Monday: Soup Night! Chicken and Wild Rice Soup: I love chicken and wild rice soup but have yet to find a go-to recipe. Maybe this one will be it?
  • Tuesday: Meatballs with Sweet and Tangy Sauce: I'm not sure which Meatball recipe I'm going to use yet. The sauce is a recipe from my mom.
  • Wednesday: Quesadillas: I'm hoping to either find a recipe or come up with a delicious combination that uses beans but not meat. I don't have tortillas right now and instead of making a special trip to Aldi I'm going to try to make my own using this recipe.
  • Thursday: Chicken Nuggets: This was my husband's request for this week. I'm not 100% sure what type of breading I'm going to use.
  • Friday: Pizza Night! Pepperoni Pizza: My husband will add black and green olives and our daughter and I will add tomatoes.
  • Saturday Brunch: German Apple Pancakes: I got a great deal on apples last week and these look great.
  • Sunday: Leftovers
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment