Monday, February 7, 2011

Menu 2-7

We ate well last week...
Monday night we had a wonderfully easy Crock Pot meal, Chicken Tortilla Soup. This is one of our favorites.
Alongside the soup we had Grandma's Potato Salad. Maybe a slightly odd combination but it worked.
Tuesday night was another Crock Pot recipe, this time Shepherd's Pie. I've decided this will not be my go-to recipe for Shepherd's Pie. I'm confident there's a better one out there. I didn't care for how strong the tomato soup taste was. Also, I think next time I won't necessarily be looking for one that cooks in the crock pot.
I also experimented with Butterhorns. While the end result wasn't bad it definitely wasn't what you expect from a roll shaped like this. Again, the search will continue.
Wednesday night I had a special treat: my husband cooked dinner! The Pasta with Broccoli and Ham turned out great, just as I predicted. Our one year old especially loved it and wanted more and more. :)
Thursday we had Orange Chicken which is near the top of my list of favorites. It's so simple to put together and absolutely wonderful!
For our Friday Night Pizza we had Pepperoni Pizza/Salty Dog Pizza (my husband puts black and green olives on his pepperoni pizza). We love pizza night here!
Another experiment this week was these Maple Bran Muffins. I'm always looking for new kinds of muffins to add to our breakfast rotation. Unfortunately, these are not it. They were fine but not something we want to eat on a regular basis.
We threw together an impromptu Super Bowl spread for ourselves. It wasn't anything over the top but we had everything we needed and it worked.
Lil' Smokies in BBQ Sauce, Chicken Tenders, Sausage, Crackers & Cheese, Apples with Caramel, 4 1/2 Layer Dip (Sour Cream, Salsa, Spinach, Cheese and a few Olives)

Recipes for the Chicken Tortilla Soup, Pasta with Ham and Broccoli, Orange Chicken, Pizza Sauce and Waffles will be coming in the next couple of weeks.

This week is all new recipes except for the pizza. Hopefully we find some good ones!
  • Monday: Soup Night! Chicken Pot Pie Soup: This looks delicious and hearty; I'm planning on adapting it a bit based on ingredients I have. Also, instead of the puff pastry it calls for I'm going to make Fancy Dinner Rolls.
  • Tuesday: Apple Bacon Hamburgers with Homemade Baked Beans: The hamburgers will be based on this recipe and the baked beans are an old favorite.
  • Wednesday: Broccoli Three Cheese Pockets: I made a recipe similar to this soon after we got married. However, I have no idea where that recipe is now. Hopefully this will be as good as I remember the other one being.
  • Thursday: Chicken Fajitas: I cannot remember the last time I had fajitas. I do know that it wasn't homemade sauce though so this will definitely be an experiment!
  • Friday: Pizza Night! Pepperoni Pizza: Yes, this is the same kind we had last week but that's okay.
  • Saturday Brunch: French Toast
  • Sunday: Leftovers 
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment