Monday, January 31, 2011

Menu 1-31

Last Sunday, January 23rd, was National Pie Day. I noticed that on a few blogs last weekend but didn't think much of it as I wasn't really planning on making any pies. Evidently, deep down I had a desire to as three (four if you stretch the definition) of our five dinners this past week were pies: Pot Pie, Spaghetti Pie, Tuna Melt Pie, and (possibly) BBQ Chicken Pizza Pie. Rather ironic in my opinion.

The odd man out in regard to pies was the Toscana Soup. That's okay though, it was still pretty tasty. I fried up the sausage for this and spaghetti pie together on Monday morning. It was just lovely to go to make dinner both of those nights and not have to worry about cooking meat.
Chicken Pot Pie- talk about homey deliciousness! This turned out wonderful and is already on a recipe card for my personal file.
One of our old favorites, Spaghetti Pie, it was good as always. And the best part about this meal? There's two more waiting in the freezer!
The Tuna Melt Pie was a one time affair in our house. Here's the irony: Dan thinks tuna is okay, I like tuna. Guess which one of us liked this more. Dan. Well, they can't all be good.
 BBQ Chicken is possibly my favorite pizza and it didn't disappoint, once again. All day Saturday I was looking forward to the leftovers for dinner.
 We tried a new pancake recipe Saturday morning and decided it will replace our old recipe. The pancakes were fluffy and reminiscent of ones you would get at a restaurant.
I also tried these Peanut Butter Cookies with Butterscotch Bits. They were good but not to the point where we need them again. The dough was crumbly and hard to work with and the cookies were crunchier than we like. But peanut butter and butterscotch? Delicious!

Recipes for the keepers and favorites from this past week will be coming this week.

On the menu this week is another good mix of new recipes and tried and true recipes. I like that combination-we know we'll have at least one or two meals we really like.
  • Monday: Soup Night! Chicken Tortilla Soup: A crock pot recipe that is simple but tasty.
  • Tuesday: Shepherd's Pie: This is also a crock pot recipe. I've never made a shepherd's pie before but have tasted some pretty good ones. I'm still working on using up my 15 pound bag of potatoes.
  • Wednesday: Creamy Pasta Shells with Broccoli and Ham: Ham is quite possibly my favorite food so combined with pasta I don't see how this dish can go wrong!
  • Thursday: Orange Chicken and Rice: We've had this a few times before and have changed it a bit to get it to a point that we think is quite delicious.
  • Friday: Pizza Night! Pepperoni Pizza: It's time for "regular old pizza" but it's still great.
  • Saturday: Leftover Pizza
  • Sunday: Leftovers 
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment