The odd man out in regard to pies was the Toscana Soup. That's okay though, it was still pretty tasty. I fried up the sausage for this and spaghetti pie together on Monday morning. It was just lovely to go to make dinner both of those nights and not have to worry about cooking meat.
Chicken Pot Pie- talk about homey deliciousness! This turned out wonderful and is already on a recipe card for my personal file.
Spaghetti Pie, it was good as always. And the best part about this meal? There's two more waiting in the freezer!
Tuna Melt Pie was a one time affair in our house. Here's the irony: Dan thinks tuna is okay, I like tuna. Guess which one of us liked this more. Dan. Well, they can't all be good.
pancakes were fluffy and reminiscent of ones you would get at a restaurant.
Peanut Butter Cookies with Butterscotch Bits. They were good but not to the point where we need them again. The dough was crumbly and hard to work with and the cookies were crunchier than we like. But peanut butter and butterscotch? Delicious!
Recipes for the keepers and favorites from this past week will be coming this week.
On the menu this week is another good mix of new recipes and tried and true recipes. I like that combination-we know we'll have at least one or two meals we really like.
- Monday: Soup Night! Chicken Tortilla Soup: A crock pot recipe that is simple but tasty.
- Tuesday: Shepherd's Pie: This is also a crock pot recipe. I've never made a shepherd's pie before but have tasted some pretty good ones. I'm still working on using up my 15 pound bag of potatoes.
- Wednesday: Creamy Pasta Shells with Broccoli and Ham: Ham is quite possibly my favorite food so combined with pasta I don't see how this dish can go wrong!
- Thursday: Orange Chicken and Rice: We've had this a few times before and have changed it a bit to get it to a point that we think is quite delicious.
- Friday: Pizza Night! Pepperoni Pizza: It's time for "regular old pizza" but it's still great.
- Saturday: Leftover Pizza
- Sunday: Leftovers