Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Apple Crisp

I was looking for an easy, yet delicious dessert a few weeks ago. I flipped all the way through my "Desserts to Try" binder and only found one thing that looked tempting: Apple Crisp. Ironically, in the end I didn't use the recipe I had pulled out but instead a recipe from one of my cookbooks.
Apple Crisp is such a good dessert to make because it's relatively quick and easy to put together but the result is fantastic! I reduced the sugar {in both the filling and topping} from the original recipe and we found it was still plenty sweet.

Apple Crisp
 Print Recipe
Yields: 8-10 servings

Ingredients:
Filling
4 cups diced apples (I used 4 good sized apples)
1/2 cup sugar (Can reduce to 1/3 cup)
1 T flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Topping
3/4 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar (Can reduce slightly)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
   1.  In a 9x9 pan or 2 qt baking dish combine first four ingredients.
   2.  In a medium bowl combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling.
   3.  Bake in a 350 oven for 35-45 minutes or until the top is nicely browned.
   4.  Serve warm with ice cream.

Source: St Paul's Lutheran Church, Fairmont, MN Cookbook

This is linked to Tasty Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment