Monday, February 13, 2012

Menu February 13

Recap from Last Week:
Slow Cooker Corn and Potato Chowder: We enjoyed this soup but I don't know that I'll be adding it to the rotation. The onion rolls we had alongside are definite keepers though. I've made them twice now and we've enjoyed them immensely each time so the recipe is now on a card in my box.
 
Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme: These were great! Once I got the hang of the best way to wrap them they were easy to put together. My husband said he wouldn't mind if we had them every week. We won't be doing that but it's definitely a keeper recipe!
Easy Night: We ended up having chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries. While it wasn't the healthiest meal it was nice to just grab something from the freezer.

Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken: This reminded us a lot of Toasted Sesame Chicken. I added celery to the recipe and did a mix of honey and brown sugar instead of just honey. I'd like to try this again, combining parts of Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken and parts of Toasted Sesame Chicken.
Chicken Bacon Ranch or Burrito Pizza: Well, we didn't have either as we ended up ordering pizza {for the first time in a long, long time}.

Waffles: I pulled leftover waffles from the freezer, warmed them up in the oven and served! It was so easy to do and they were nice and crispy. I'm thinking I'll always do it this way now.


Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Soup Night! Cheesy Vegetable Chowder: I'm looking forward to trying this chowder, which has a variety of vegetables in it. I'll make a simple roll to serve along with it.
  • Tuesday: Breakfast for Valentines Dinner: I'm planning on digging out my heart cookie cutter(s) and making pancakes (more accurately pull some from the freezer) and eggs, both cut in hearts. For dessert I'll make brownies in the shape of a heart (made with a square pan and a circle pan).
  • Wednesday: Lasagna: Lasagna noodles were on sale a couple weeks ago and we love Lasagna! I'll pull some breadsticks from the freezer. (Have I mentioned how glad I am to finally have an extra freezer?)
  • Thursday: Cranberry Chicken Sandwiches:We picked up a big bag of cranberries from Sams and the celery is quickly losing it's crispness so it's now or never for these sandwiches!
  • Friday: Chicken Bacon Ranch or Burrito Pizza: Since we didn't have either last week we'll choose between these again.
  • Brunch: Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Enchiladas: I'm going to modify this recipe a bit and probably not use tortillas but it definitely sounds like a good combination.
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment