The steps might look a little intimidating but they're all easy. It's a standard graham cracker crust, followed by whipping some ingredients for the chocolate ice cream. Once you've made the chocolate layer you just do the exact same thing for vanilla and then you're practically done. Easy!
S'mores Ice Cream Cake
Source: Woman's Day
Yields: 12-16 slices
1 sleeve graham crackers
2 T butter, softened
4 oz baking chocolate (I used semi-sweet, the original recipe calls for bittersweet.)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup mini marshmallows (or dehydrated, if you can find them)
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Line a 9 inch cake pan with tinfoil, leaving excess draped over the edges.
2. In a food processor, pulse 8 graham crackers until finely ground. Add butter and pulse until combined; press into bottom of cake pan. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes; let cool.
3. Melt chocolate in microwave in intervals, stirring after every 30 seconds. Using the whisk attachment mix half the condensed milk (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons), 3/4 teaspoon vanilla and melted chocolate until combined. Add 1 cup heavy whipping cream and beat until thick, stiff peaks form. Fold in marshmallows; spoon mixture on top of graham cracker crust and spread evenly.
4. Clean the bowl and whisk. Using the whisk attachment, beat remaining sweetened condensed milk, 3/4 teaspoon vanilla and 2 cups heavy whipping cream until thick, stiff peaks form. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips; spoon mixture on top of chocolate layer and spread evenly.
5. Break last graham cracker into small pieces and gently press into vanilla layer. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and any graham cracker crumbs over top. Cover and freeze until firm, at least eight hours.
6. To serve, remove from pan and slice, dipping knife in water between cuts, as necessary.
This is linked to Finding Joy in My Kitchen.