Monday, September 10, 2012

Menu September 10

Watermelon Rind Pickles: I remember when I was little having Watermelon Rind Pickles my grandma made. I saw something in a magazine this summer that made me decide I wanted to try making them myself. We've been enjoying these summery pickles immensely.
Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Bites: I ended up using my regular French Toast recipe but the method from this recipe and we really enjoyed the end product. We think the big difference is the extra surface area that can get toasty and therefore delicious.
Black Beans & Rice Burritos: According to my husband, for a meatless meal this was pretty good. We all loved this, even the 10-month old so we will surely have them again.
 
Grilling Glaze: This is the second time we've tried this simple glaze and have been extrememly impressed both times. {Recipe coming soon}

On the Menu...

Hawaiian Tuna Sandwiches (made with chicken instead) with Corn on the Cob {our daughter absolutely loves corn on the cob right now}
Cream Cheese Pasta with Breadsticks
Stuffed Peppers {New} with Creamy Corn Salad
Cheesy Salsa Meatloaf {from the freezer} with Twice Baked Potatoes
Chicken Fajita Pizza
Chocolate Banana Melts {New}
We were given a lot of tomatoes from a church member so I'll also make Red Sauce for the freezer.

Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Black Beans and Rice Burritoes...I've so got to add this to my recipe file.

    ReplyDelete