Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Foreshadowing

I found a whole bunch of soups I'd like to try so that's the theme for this week. We might have to have soup night more than once a week so we can try them all!
  • Corn & Potato Chowder from Mama Loves Food: This is a crock pot recipe, which I'm always searching for more of. Also, I don't have any soups similar to this in my repertoire so it'd be a big change of pace.
  • Crock Pot Bacon Corn Chowder from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures:Yes, this is pretty much the same as the first recipe. However, I always find it interesting to see how different people have their own twist on similar dishes.
  • Ground Beef Stroganoff Soup from Cooking During Stolen Moments: Ironically it was just last week that I found a recipe for Beef Stroganoff that I'd like to try and now I also found a soup. Something about the flavor combinations must really be appealing to me right now.  
  • Creamy Tomato Balsamic Soup from My Recipes: This tomato soup has cream in it, which, as I mentioned last week, is what I think has been missing from all the others I've tried. Now I know I have at least two tomato soup recipes with cream to try; hopefully one of them will be the winner!
  • Cheesy Vegetable Chowder from Lulu the Baker: This soup looks wonderful! It has so many tasty ingredients and I'm sure it will be nothing but delicious.
This is linked to Friday Favorites.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    My daughter and I are so pleased to know that you and your daughter enjoyed our cinnamon streusel muffins; however, we regret that the topping was a little messy for you. :( I've updated the post to suggest reducing the streusel ingredients by 1/3 to 1/2. We'll try baking these again next week to double check the suggestion.

    We appreciate your taking the time to comment and wish you and your daughter many happy baking adventures together!

    Blessings,

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh soups! The stroganoff soup in particular sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always on the lookout for new soup recipes to try. Thanks for sharing your finds.

    ReplyDelete