Monday, November 7, 2011

Menu November 7th

Recap From Last Week:

Using frozen spinach in the Lasagna Soup worked perfectly. We all loved this soup. My husband even declared that he thinks he likes it more now than he did last year. I predict Lasagna Soup will make frequent appearances this winter.
The Apple Onion Cider Chicken on Tuesday was only okay. One major flaw was that one of the apples I used {I can't remember what variety it was} was so soft that it was practically applesauce by the time it was done cooking. We decided we much prefer my Apple Chicken instead {probably why it's on the menu for this week}.
Wednesday's Raspberry Marinated Chicken with Crispy Potato Bake was half success half failure. We loved the Crispy Potato Bake but the chicken basically just ended up being pink and thus not all that appetizing looking.
Instead of making the Cheesy Salsa Meatloaf in muffin cups as the recipe calls for I tried doing it in a loaf pan. {We found the muffin tin was ridiculous to clean but worried about the meat drying out by doing it in the loaf pan.} In the future I will definitely be doing it in a loaf pan. The Fried Potatoes were tasty but not quite how my mom would make them. I guess I'll have to keep trying!
The Burrito Pizza was splendid. It's been a long time since we've had it so it was nice to remember how well everything works together. {Recipe coming Wednesday}
While I was making the Apple Cinnamon Pancakes my husband was wondering if the apples would be too crunchy in the pancakes. It turns out they were perfectly soft. We really liked these pancakes so I'll be adding them to my recipe file.
For breakfast this week we had Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Chips. Unfortunately, I'm out of cinnamon chips now but will be watching for a sale again {or waiting until next year I suppose as I heard that they are only available for a short time in the fall}.

Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Soup Night! Fiesta Chicken Soup: We'll also have some type of bread with this, I just haven't decided which yet.
  • Tuesday: Apple Chicken: I just can't have the Apple Onion Cider Chicken we had last week be stuck in our memories for too long so we'll have this better version this week.
  • Wednesday: Lasagna with Breadsticks: We have leftover cottage cheese from the Lasagna Soup and since it's been a long time since we've had lasagna this will be well received. The leftovers will go in the freezer for an easy meal once Baby is here.
  • Thursday: Warm Chicken & Cheese Sandwiches with German Potato Salad: This is definitely a meal catering to my husband as he loves warm sandwiches and German Potato Salad. It'll be my first time making German Potato Salad so hopefully it turns out.
  • Friday: Pizza Night! Pepperoni/ Salty Dog: Traditional sauce with semi-traditional toppings.
  • Saturday Brunch: TBD: Not sure right now and honestly, I'm not feeling inspired to look right now. :)
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment