This is a quite simple recipe but the outcome is delicious. The apples make the cake wonderfully moist and the sugar sprinkled on top adds a slight crunch that complements it perfectly.
Apple Pie Coffee Cake
Yields: 12 servings
1 T vegetable oil
1/4 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg or allspice
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups apples, thinly sliced (I use ~4 apples)
1 T sugar, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 10 inch pie plate.
2. Combine eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar until well mixed. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice, and salt; mix until crumbly.
3. Add apples, stirring until apples are coated.
4. Pour batter into pan; sprinkle with 1 T sugar.
5. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.Bread for Breakfast
This is linked to Tasty Tuesday and URS.