Monday, January 9, 2012

Menu January 9

Recap from Last Week:

Baked Potato Soup: I struggled getting the soup to thicken properly but it eventually worked. We also had Baking Soda Biscuits {recipe coming Wednesday} alongside.

Apple Chicken: Wonderful!

Modified Tater Tot Hotdish: It worked great to use hashbrowns on top. I will definitely repeat this method again.
Corn Dog Muffins with Homemade Fries: We were going to have this Wednesday but I realized I didn't have any ketchup so it got postponed until Thursday, after I went grocery shopping. We love our ketchup!

Pepperoni Pizza: I've been having problems with the dough sticking to one of my pans. I'm thinking it's probably time for a new pan.
Pumpkin Pancakes: We've had these twice now and enjoyed them both times so I'll be copying the recipe onto a card and sticking it in my keepers recipe box.

Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Soup Night! Toscana Soup: My husband was pretty excited when I told him this was on deck for this week. I don't think we've had it since early 2011 so it's definitely time!
  • Tuesday: Chicken & Twice Baked Potato Casserole: I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to cook the whole chicken but we'll enjoy potatoes {from the freezer} alongside.
  • Wednesday: Stromboli: I've wanted to make this for a while but never had ham on hand. I bought some last week so Stromboli it is!
  • Thursday: Chicken Pot Pie: This should use up the last of the potatoes. If I have enough time {and ingredients} I might make one for the freezer as well.
  • Friday: Pizza Night! Chicken Fajita: I might cook the chicken in fajita seasoning but that will depend on how much time I have.
  • Saturday Brunch: French Toast: We are long overdue for some good french toast!
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks delicious! Have a wonderful week,

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete