Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baking Powder Biscuits

I believe the first time I made these I was in need of something to go with dinner that I could make with what I had on hand. Baking Powder Biscuits worked great because the six ingredients are ones that I, like most people, typically always have in my kitchen. If you have a food processor this recipe is incredibly easy but even if you don't it is still an easy recipe.

Baking Powder Biscuits
Print Recipe
Yields: 12 biscuits

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (one stick)
2 cups flour
1 T sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk

Directions:
   1.  Preheat oven to 450.
   2.  Cut butter into small cubes. In a medium bowl, or bowl of food processor combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut butter into dry mixture until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
   3.  Stir in milk until dough comes together (this is a soft and sticky dough).
   4.  Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Pat into a 1/2 thick rectangle. Cut into 12 biscuits. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
   5.  Bake until slightly brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet immediately.

Source: Betty Crocker Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment