Monday, January 30, 2012

Menu January 30

Recap from Last Week:
Chicken Tortilla Soup: The kids and I ended up not coming home until Tuesday due to bad weather and bad roads on Monday so Soup Night got pushed to Tuesday. My husband did a great job of putting it together and it was wonderful to walk in the door to supper waiting!
Three Cheese Ziti: I made a double batch of the Ziti and put half of the breadsticks in the freezer so now there's a complete meal waiting for the future.

Orange Chicken: I'm not sure if I did something different this time but my husband could not stop raving about the Orange Chicken this week.
Chicken Fajita Pizza: I took a slightly different approach than normal for the Chicken Fajita Pizza and it turned out great. {Recipe coming Wednesday}
We had company Saturday night so our daughter and I made Apple Crisp. It was easy to put together and quite tasty!
I've been working on building a supply of muffins for the freezer so this week when I made Banana Muffins I made a double batch, half of which is in the freezer. It's been wonderful to have a stash in the freezer!

Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Soup Night! Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Cheese: I'm back on the hunt for the perfect homemade tomato soup. This week's trial will be a combination of this recipe and this recipe.
  • Tuesday: Sausage and Pasta: I bought some smoked cheese sausage on super sale a few weeks ago with no real plan. I'm still not entirely sure what I'm going to but something with pasta and possibly a cheesy sauce.
  • Wednesday: Cheesy Broccoli Pockets: Third week's the charm? These got bumped again last week since we weren't home Monday.
  • Thursday: Warm Chicken and Cheese Sandwiches: Simple and delicious. We'll also have some side with them, possibly Apples & Green Beans.
  • Friday: Sweet Hawaiian Pizza: I'm excited for this as it's been a long while since we've had it.
  • Brunch: French Toast: Maybe I'll try and make the cinnamon bread early in the week. That way I'll have plenty of time to forget and then remember!
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment