Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Banana Muffins

This is easily my go-to muffin recipe. We always have bananas on hand which means we often have super soft bananas on hand. The finished muffin always turns out so moist which is definitely something we all enjoy in our muffins.
If I don't get to it, or simply don't need to make them right away, I'll take three bananas, mash them and then freeze them. This makes it even easier to put these muffins together the next time!

Banana Muffins
 Print Recipe
Yields: 12+ muffins

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar (I typically use slightly less and they turn out fine)
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs
1 1/2 T buttermilk (I always make it from milk and lemon juice, measuring it before I start mixing everything else and adding it at the end.)
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed (If my bananas aren't super ripe I put them in the oven (still in the peel) while it preheats during mixing. By the time I'm ready for the bananas they're soft and ready.)

Directions:
   1.  Preheat oven to 350. Grease 12 cup muffin tin.
   2.  Mix in order given.
   3.  Pour into prepared pan, filling about 2/3 full. (If there is leftover batter, I pour it into a loaf pan.)
   4.  Bake 18-20 minutes, using a knife or toothpick to check when they are done (insert knife or toothpick into center of muffin, should pull out with little or no wet crumbs).  

No comments:

Post a Comment