Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu 9-19

Recap From Last Week:

These Pepperoni Pizza Puffs will definitely be repeated in this house! I want to tweak the recipe a bit to make a little more batter and will also experiment with adding more "toppings" but in general this recipe was awesome!
On Tuesday I ended up using my Cheese Quiche recipe and adapting it slightly to make this Broccoli Ham Quiche. We really liked the results. {Recipe coming Wednesday.}
While we didn't mind the Cheeseburger Muffins we probably won't be having them again. I can see how they would be great for kids' lunches and such but since that's not our season of life right now this recipe is going back in the file for now.
Saturday morning we had Baked Apple Doughnuts and Strawberry Banana Smoothies. It was a delicious breakfast! I mixed the dry ingredients and cut the apples Friday night so the doughnuts came together really easily. All three of us really enjoyed both the doughnuts and the smoothies so I'm sure this will be repeated!
For breakfasts this week we enjoyed Heavenly Vanilla Muffins. While they were fine there was nothing super stellar about them so I probably won't keep this recipe since we have so many other muffin recipes we love.

Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Stromboli: I'm going to use ham, pastrami, possibly pepperoni, mixed veggies and cheese for the filling.
  • Tuesday: Pumpkin Soup and Sausage Rolls: The pumpkin soup really intrigues me and to appease my husband I found the Sausage Roll recipe so that there would be meat in the meal!
  • Wednesday: Ham and Peach Sandwiches: Peaches were on sale last week and I figure this might be the last logical time for such a summery sandwich.
  • Thursday: Chicken Enchiladas: I saw another recipe for Enchiladas this week that was similar to mine but also included onions so I'm going to try adding some this time.
  • Friday: Pizza Night! Sweet Hawaiian Pizza or Chicken Bacon Ranch: I was planning on Sweet Hawaiian but my husband mentioned maybe Chicken Bacon Ranch so we'll see what we're in the mood for on Friday.
  • Saturday Brunch: Pumpkin Pancakes or Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Bites: I'm so indecisive this week! This decision will likely come down to whether or not I have bread on hand for the French Toast Bites or not. Both recipes sound good though!
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment