Monday, June 13, 2011

Menu 6-13

Recap From Last Week:
Monday we had Cheesy Broccoli Pockets. I didn't have green pepper, as the recipe calls for, so I added carrots instead. It worked out great! I used SnoWhite's pizza dough recipe which was perfect for these.
The Honey Mustard Pork turned out pretty well. It was insanely hot here on Tuesday so I didn't want to turn the oven on. Because of that I started and finished cooking the pork stove top instead of finishing it in the oven. While it was still fine it was definitely missing the tenderness that would have come from the oven.
I also experimented with making cheesy rice. It wasn't a complete flop but there is lots of room for improvement!
Apple Bacon Burgers with Homemade Baked Beans-what a perfect summer meal! Thankfully, it had cooled down enough that I didn't feel too bad about using the oven for the beans. [Recipe coming Wednesday.]
We switched Thursday and Friday's meals to accommodate my sister's schedule so we had BBQ Chicken Pizza on Thursday. Turns out pizza still tastes pretty good on Thursdays as well! (Yes, the peas are frozen; they're so tasty and refreshing that way.)
Peaches ended up being on sale so we had Ham & Peach Sandwiches, a favorite we discovered last summer. They are similar to last week's Bistro Apple Paninis but still unique. We really like sandwiches like these.
For Saturday brunch I took our normal pancake recipe and made a double batch. To some of them I added chocolate chips before flipping them and to the rest of the batter I stirred in cinnamon. Both variations were great and the leftovers will be breakfasts for part of this week. Also, we had our first watermelon of the year-delicious!


Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Tuna Sandwiches with Green Bean & Apple Saute: I rarely make Tuna Sandwiches because they seem so boring but they are so good! The Green Bean & Apple Saute is a carry-over from last week.
  • Tuesday: Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo: This looks easy and tasty. I'll also add chicken.
  • Wednesday: Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches: I cooked the roast in the crock pot on Saturday so this will be an easy meal to put together. (I'm excited to have the rest of the pork in the freezer; some of it will probably make an appearance soon in Chimichangas!)
  • Thursday: Apple Pork: This is another of our favorites. I usually make it with chicken but since I have pork right now I'll use that. It's similar to this Apple Onion Cider Chicken but has a sweeter taste.
  • Friday: Pizza Night! Pepperoni: This is definitely a case of "if you don't know what kind to have then have pepperoni". Maybe I'll be inspired to try something else by Friday.
  • Saturday Brunch: TBD
  • Sunday: Leftovers
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment