Monday, June 27, 2011

Menu 6-27

Recap From Two Weeks Ago:
The experimental Green Bean & Apple Saute was wonderful! I was surprised how much my husband loved it; he thinks it was the honey that really brought it all together for him.
While the Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo can in no way be called healthy it is tasty! It was insanely easy to make as well. I also added cooked chicken which made it a great meal.
The Pork BBQ sandwiches and 3 Bean Salad went together really well. I combined two different recipes for the Bean Salad and since I didn't have wax beans just used double the amount of green beans.
We love this recipe for Apple Pork although I usually use chicken. It was fine with the pork but I think I prefer it more with the chicken as the meat is a little more tender. [Recipe coming Wednesday.]
I was inspired during the week (as I was hoping to be) by a college friend to make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza. This is now added to our list of favorite pizzas!


Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Ravioli: I've always said I would never make this but she makes it look so easy.
  • Tuesday: BBQ Chicken with Vegetable Risotto: Plain and simple BBQ Chicken is so good and should be complemented nicely with the risotto.
  • Wednesday: Hawaiian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Creamy Corn Salad: Yet another Hawaiian dish for me to try.
  • Thursday: Stromboli: This could very well change as our plans are up in the air but if we do have Stromboli I know it will be good!
  • Friday: Pizza Night! Burrito: It's been a long time since we've had burrito pizza.
  • Saturday Brunch: French Toast Stratas: I'll probably have bread leftover from the sandwiches so it will work perfectly for these delightful stratas!
  • Sunday: Leftovers
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment