Monday, September 12, 2011

Menu 9-12

Recap From Last Week:

For Labor Day we had Hot Dogs with Corn on the Cob. My daughter and I also made a quick dessert of pudding with bananas and chocolate chips mixed in, topped with coconut, rice crispies and mini chocolate chips. It was a quick thing but a fun addition.



Tuesday we had Orange Chicken for the first time in quite a while. We had forgotten how delicious the dish is and really enjoyed having it again.

The Pasta Carbonara was okay. It tasted fine but wasn't anything spectacular. What I really appreciated about the dish was how quickly it came together. Less than thirty minutes after I started dinner we were sitting down to eat.
My husband brought home a zucchini on Tuesday. I had no plan of what to do with it until I saw this recipe for Zucchini Chips. Since I just had the one zucchini it was the perfect time to try the chips. They ended up being fine. We found that they tasted the best when you only had two or three at a time. If I make them again I won't use as much olive oil as I think I might have overdone it a bit.
For breakfast this week we had Banana Muffins with Cinnamon. The addition of cinnamon to one of our favorite muffin recipes was absolutely stellar.

Onto This Week:
Disclaimer: I'm working on this at my parent's house, away from my fridge and cupboards so this menu is highly subject to change once I see what I actually have on hand!
  • Monday: Traveling
  • Tuesday: Pepperoni Pizza Puffs: We won't be having pizza night this week on Friday but this way we'll still have a taste of pizza.
  • Wednesday: Egg Dish: This is the same thing I've been putting on the menu for weeks now. It'll be a pie shell, eggs, some veggies and chopped ham.
  • Thursday: Cheeseburger Muffins: I finally found an okay price on hamburger. These look like something fun to try.
  • Friday: We have a wedding rehearsal dinner to go to.
  • Saturday Brunch: The wedding is in the early afternoon so we'll probably have something quick and simple instead of brunch.
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment