Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu January 16

Recap from Last Week:
Toscana Soup: I forgot that this soup is supposed to simmer for 2 hours before serving but even with little simmering time it still turned out great.
Chicken & Twice Baked Potato Casserole: I struggle with roasting a whole chicken. It turns out fine in the end I just need to not plan on serving "chicken" the night that I roast it. Eventually I'll learn.
Stromboli: There is something so wonderful about the combination of all these ingredients. I love this more each time we have it!
Chicken Pot Pie: It took me all afternoon to put this together but that's because I did it in many stages. The best part is I made two so now there's one in the freezer for sometime in the future!
We had a plethora of leftovers this week so we ended up not having pizza. Also, I forgot to make bread for the french toast so my husband made eggs and hashbrowns after church on Sunday {which I forgot to take a picture of}.

Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Soup Night! Lasagna Soup: Cottage cheese was on sale last week so we're having Lasagna Soup, a favorite around here.
  • Tuesday: Apple and Ham Grilled Sandwiches: It's basically going to be Ham & Peach Grilled Sandwiches but with apples instead.
  • Wednesday: Cheesy Broccoli Pockets: Again, I choose this recipe basically because cottage cheese was on sale.
  • Thursday-Sunday: The kids and I are going home for the weekend. My husband will fend for himself {mostly on convenience type foods but that's okay}.
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY is all I have to say. Love the Lasagna Soup and Stromboli. Thanks for sharing. Can not wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete