Monday, January 2, 2012

I'm Back! Menu January 2nd

I'm back after a longer than intended break. We were blessed with a beautiful baby boy and then moved into our new house so it's been a busy time around here. Life is starting to return to {a new} normal and I'm ready to jump back into Feed My Family.

Since I Last Posted:

I made Cream Cheese Danishes as something different for breakfast. I was extremely skeptical as I was making them but they turned out wonderful. It was a fun treat that we'll have again sometime.
Because of the new baby and moving I unfortunately didn't get a lot of Christmas baking done. One of the things I did make was Hot Cocoa Cookies. They definitely lived up to their name and are a perfect wintertime (but realistically anytime) cookie.
I had never made cranberry sauce so I tried making this Mulled Cider Cranberry Sauce. I ended up using a little cornstarch to thicken it and when I make it again I would up the sugar to 1/2 cup instead of 1/3 cup. It was good on it's own and also as a topping on yogurt.
As part of some Christmas gifts I made Caramel Corn. The final product was tasty but it took a while to get there. I burnt the first batch in the oven, the second batch I burnt the popcorn and then finally the third batch turned out!

Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Soup Night! Baked Potato Soup: I have a big bag of potatoes to use and this is one of my husband's favorite soups so it's a good combination.
  • Tuesday: Apple Chicken: I've realized this is one of my "go-to" meals since I usually have all the ingredients on hand. That's fine with my family though because it's a meal we all enjoy.
  • Wednesday: Corn Dog Muffins with Homemade Fries: Again, using up some potatoes. This is definitely a meal that makes you feel like a kid again, in a good way!
  • Thursday: Modified Tater Tot Hotdish: The hamburger is already cooked and in the freezer. I'm going to use hash browns on top instead of tater tots. I'm hoping that it will work and be acceptable.
  • Friday: Pizza Night! Pepperoni/ Salty Dog: This is probably the easiest pizza we make and quite tasty as well!
  • Saturday Brunch: We've been trying to figure out brunch. It's hard to run errands on Saturday morning and still have time to make brunch. I've thought about just doing Breakfast for Dinner one night a week or possibly doing brunch after church on Sundays instead. Whenever we end up having it this week we'll probably do either Pumpkin Pancakes or Apple Cinnamon Pancakes.
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.

1 comment: