Monday, March 7, 2011

Menu 3-7

Here's the recap from what we ate last week:

The Chicken and Wild Rice Soup was pretty tasty. I decided to add the carrots and spinach which gave some nice color to the soup.
The Quesadillas turned out great! I was a little apprehensive for two reasons: I didn't know how the tortillas would work and I didn't know if I'd be able to sell my husband on this meatless meal. Thankfully, the tortillas worked just fine and my husband thought the quesadillas were really filling even without meat.
The Sweet and Tangy meatballs were wonderful. This recipe always makes me think of my family as it is an extended family favorite. I ended up using Fish Mama's meatball recipe, which we really like.
Looking at this plate now our meal Thursday looks pretty sparse but it really wasn't. I ended up just throwing things together for the breading and it worked out great. We also had roasted sweet potatoes and a fruit salad of strawberries, apples and grapefruit.
I know I've said it before but we love pizza night here! There is just something so wonderful about a good, homemade pizza. I tried using tomato sauce instead of tomato paste in my normal pizza sauce recipe and while the flavor was still great it was a little thinner than normal. The thinness resulted in it bleeding off the edges a little bit which made it stick but we saved it!
Brunch was Apple Banana German Pancake. We really enjoyed it and thought it was a nice change from our typical bread based choices.
For breakfast last week we had Butterscotch Bran Muffins. I was a little leery of the bran, which is probably typical, but these were great. I think the butterscotch chips really help balance it out.


Lent starts this Wednesday. Our church has Soup Suppers before church each Wednesday so I won't be cooking on Wednesdays for the next six weeks. Between that and pizza night it was really easy to figure out the menu!
  • Monday: Soup Night! Fiesta Chicken Soup: This soup is made from ingredients I almost always have on hand. That's a good thing for me this week.
  • Tuesday: TBD: My sister, who's visiting us for her Spring Break, is in charge Tuesday night of picking out the recipe and making it. We'll see what she decides.
  • Wednesday: Soup Supper at Church
  • Thursday: Homemade Manicotti: This looks like a fun recipe to try. Here's hoping it doesn't completely blow up in my face!
  • Friday: Pizza Night! BBQ Chicken Pizza: My sister loves BBQ Chicken Pizza so of course we'll have it for her.
  • Saturday Brunch: French Toast: I'll make cinnamon bread Friday to really take this up a notch.
  • Sunday: Leftovers
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment