Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Foreshadowing

The recipes this week again have a fall/winter trend. I have a fall drink, soup, and am thinking about Christmas cookies. Where has the time gone?
  • Homemade Salted Caramel Mocha Latte from Mom Advice: I'm torn each time I go to Starbucks. This drink sounds interesting but I hate to miss a chance to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte that I love so dearly. With this recipe though at least I'd get an idea of what it tastes like.
  • Broccoli Cheddar Soup from My Blessed Life: This recipe is supposedly reminiscent of Panera's which immediately makes me want to try it. I always debate between ordering Broccoli Cheddar Soup or Chicken & Wild Rice Soup when we go to Panera. I've found a good homemade version of Chicken & Wild Rice Soup; hopefully this Broccoli Cheddar will join the list.
  • Bread Bowls from Feeding Four: When I try the Broccoli Cheddar Soup I'd like to try it in these bowls. I've always shied away from making bread bowls because it seemed as though it would be too hard but this recipe seems relatively easy.
  • Crispy Cheese Crackers from Heavenly Homemakers: I'm always looking for new recipes to try for snacks to have on hand. I've tried crackers once before and we didn't really care for them. However, these take a completely different approach so I'm optimistic about the results.
  • Simple Shortbread: One Recipe, Four Cookies from Simple Bites: Christmas is coming quickly and I'm starting to think about my baking list. My husband has already requested Peanut Butter Balls and I'm thinking this will be on my list as well. The fact that you start with one recipe but can create four different cookies is a great advantage.
This is linked to Friday Favorites.

1 comment: