Monday, October 3, 2011

Menu 10-3

Recap From Last Week:

Our daughter (22 months) is in charge of putting silverware on the table for meals. Monday night she decided Dad's fork needed to go directly on top of his plate. The Chicken Cordon Bleu was wonderful. I'm ashamed to admit it but while I love the dish as a whole my favorite part might just be the butter soaked croutons. But really, who wouldn't love that? {Recipe coming Wednesday}
My husband has taken to calling Cream Cheese Pasta the "Atomic Orange Pasta". While that doesn't really sound appetizing it is delicious. I had a slight mishap with the Breadsticks that was thankfully easily fixable. I meant to make a half recipe. However, when I turned the mixer on I immediately knew something was wrong as the dough was way too runny. It didn't take me long to discover I hadn't cut the amount of water in half. It was an easy fix though; I just measured all the other ingredients out again then put half the dough in the freezer.
Wednesdsay we ended up going to Quiznos to use a Groupon I had bought a while ago. It was a nice treat to not cook and as a bonus the sandwiches were great!

Thursday night we had hot dogs and baked beans. I completely forgot to take a picture though so just pretend that there are hot dogs, carrot sticks and apples alongside these baked beans.
Friday night I rolled out the pizza dough in three (somewhat) circles again. It worked even better this week so now it's for certain that this will be the way we do pizza in the future. We had Sweet Hawaiian Pizza and as I was putting the ingredients on it just looked so pretty but of course, I didn't think to take a picture. You'll either have to just take my word for it or try it yourself.
For brunch we had Egg Sandwiches along with fruit salad and yogurt. My husband even made the sandwiches which was a wonderful treat. He used homemade hamburger buns from the freezer, ham, cheese and eggs-a basic egg sandwich but oh so very delicious!
It was cool and rainy the beginning of the week so on Monday we tried Maple Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa. It was okay but not something I'll be making again. The peanut butter was by far the strongest flavor to the point you could barely taste the chocolate and did not even know there was maple in there.
For breakfasts this week we had Sweet Potato Muffins and later in the week Pumpkin Bagels with Pumpkin Cream Cheese.The Sweet Potato Muffins are an old favorite but the Bagels and Cream Cheese were both new and we loved the combination.
I also tried making Homemade Graham Crackers again and this time they turned out! (I'm thinking it had something to do with the fact that I actually kept my eye on them while they were baking.) I will definitely be making these often, as they are relatively easy and extremely tasty.

However, on the complete opposite side of success were these Black Bottoms. Unfortunately it just turned into a big mess, very unlike the picture in the magazine. They came out of the pan all crumbly and didn't even taste that great. Needless to say, we will not be keeping this recipe.
Onto This Week:

I actually don't have a menu for this week. My husband has a conference for work and since it's in my hometown our daughter and I are going along with him. I'm hoping to try some new recipes while we're there so it very well could be I'll still have something to report back on next week.
I'm still going to post a recipe on Wednesday {the Chicken Cordon Bleu} and Friday Foreshadowing.
    Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.
    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment