Monday, October 10, 2011

Menu 10-10

Recap From Last Week:

We were at my parent's house this last week so I don't have much to recap. While we were there I did try these Ham & Cheese Pockets. We liked them, especially the dough. However, I think it's one of those recipes that just reminds you of some different options you can try with a method (dough with some sort of filling). I'll probably keep the recipe just for the dough, which was very tender.
I also made Cinnamon Sugar Bread again, with a few changes from the last time. The bread was a big hit! {Recipe coming Wednesday}
Before we left for the week I also made a batch of Banana Muffins, with the addition of pumpkin spice. Honestly, you couldn't tell the pumpkin spice was in there. I wonder if I would just need to add more the next time I try that.
Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Soup Night! Broccoli Cheddar Soup with Herb Focaccia Bread: The return of Soup Night is coming after a week with 80 weather~ a little ironic but we're going forward anyway. My original plan was to make bread bowls to serve the soup in. However, once I looked at the calendar and saw how my busy my day was going to be I decided to try something that wouldn't take quite so long. The bread bowls will appear eventually though!
  • Tuesday: Easy Noodle Stir Fry: I'm not sure yet what vegetables will actually be in our Stir Fry. It will depend on what I find Tuesday when I open the freezer. (How's that for planning?) I'm hoping this dish is a hit as it seems pretty easy to put together.
  • Wednesday: Sloppy Joes: I'm going to use my mom's recipe so it could be one of the classic situations where mine doesn't seem quite right just because it's not my mom making it.
  • Thursday: Corn Dog Muffins: We really enjoyed these last time. Assuming we like them again this week this recipe will be added to my recipe box.
  • Friday: Pizza Night! Pepperoni Pizza: Time for a good old classic pepperoni pizza. I'm sure my husband will request black and green olives on his.
  • Saturday Brunch: Tropical Waffle Bake: I'm really looking forward to trying this, with a few adaptations. The waffles have been waiting in the freezer for a few weeks so it's time to get them out of these and try this recipe.
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment