Monday, March 12, 2012

Menu March 12


Highlights from last week:
Broccoli Cheddar Soup: This was the second time we had this soup and since we liked it again it's now on a recipe card. {My test is to try each recipe 2 times before it's deemed a keeper.} We also had Easy Cheesy Biscuits. {Recipe coming Wednesday.}


Rodeo Burgers: My husband ended up grilling for us on Thursday. We had rodeo burgers {hamburger, onion rings, cheese and BBQ sauce} and fries.
BBQ Chicken Pizza and Sweet Hawaiian Pizza: Since we're still experimenting with personal size pizzas it was easy to make two varieties.
French Toast: My sister {who was here this past week for her Spring Break} requested French Toast so we'll move the Apple Cinnamon Pancakes to this weekend.
My sister and I also did a bunch of baking...
Cake Batter Truffles: They were good but nothing super special. I definitely have the truffle itch now though.
Brownies Two Ways: This is definitely something I'm going to keep experimenting with. One side was PBJ Brownies and the other was Peanut Explosion.
Low Fat Low Cholesterol Chocolate Cake: It was fun to see that you could make a cake without eggs, etc but we didn't think the result was worth making again.

Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Soup Night! Cheeseburger Soup: I'm using a recipe from our church cookbook but from the looking around I did it seems similar to most Cheeseburger Soup recipes out there.
  • Tuesday: Cranberry Chicken Sandwiches: I'm really looking forward to these sandwiches. I'm not sure what side I'll serve yet.
  • Wednesday: Soup at Church
  • Thursday: Grilling! Shish Kabobs: We are supposed to have a week of absolutely beautiful weather so we're planning on grilling Thursday. We'll skewer chicken, potatoes, onions, green peppers and anything else I think of by then.
  • Friday: Sweet Hawaiian Pizza: We just had this last week but I like it! Also, it means I don't have to make a trip to the store so that's a plus.
  • Brunch: Apple Cinnamon Pancakes: Carry-over from last week.
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.

1 comment:

  1. oh that rodeo burger looks yummy! I wish I was not on a diet because I have been craving a steakhouse type burger:) have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete