Monday, July 18, 2011

Menu 7-18

Recap From Last Week:
 
Last Sunday night during dinner my husband mentioned how good the Teriyaki Chicken Salad Sandwiches had been a few weeks ago. I happened to have everything on hand so I changed the plan Monday and we had those instead of Tuna sandwiches. I also tried a recipe for Calico Salad, which we loved! It's very similar to 3 Bean Salad but with it's own twist.
Tuesday night we had Pineapple Chicken Casserole, a recipe I got from my grandma. We really enjoyed this dish and the sweet versus salty combination. {Recipe coming Wednesday.}
Wednesday night was a bit of an experiment with the Mac n Cheese Patties. They weren't awful, in fact the crust from toasting them in the pan was quite tasty, but they weren't spectacular enough to warrant making them again.
The Sloppy Joes from Deceptively Delicious were a much bigger hit than I was anticipating. My daughter, who tends to pick around hamburger based dishes, ate this up. My husband, who I thought would balk at the healthier aspects of it (sweet potato puree, carrots, turkey), thought it was a higher class version of sloppy joes. I guess that's why you should always try new recipes, even if you're skeptical of how they'll go over!
I broke down and bought some green peppers for a less than stellar price but when I bit into the Sweet Hawaiian Pizza on Friday night I knew it was worth it!
For brunch on Saturday we had eggs sandwiches. I took leftover hamburger buns, fake cheese, fried egg and frizzled ham, put it all together and got a wonderful sandwich!
We tried Maple Oatmeal Muffins this week. While we loved the flavor, they were pretty crumbly, especially for my daughter, so they probably are not a keeper.


Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Hawaiian Tuna Sandwiches with Green Bean Apple Salad: The green pepper for the sandwiches and the green beans for the salad have both been limping (literally) along, trying to make it Monday. I'm not worried though, I know both of these will still be great!
  • Tuesday: Out to eat for my birthday!
  • Wednesday: Cheeseburgers with Sweet Potato Fries: My husband made the  hamburger patties weeks ago and they're waiting in the freezer. Sweet potatoes were on sale last week so that will be a nice change from regular fries.
  • Thursday: Spaghetti Pie with Breadsticks: The best part about this meal? There will be two more pans of Spaghetti Pie waiting in the freezer!
  • Friday: No pizza night for us this week.
  • Saturday Brunch: Also no Saturday brunch.
  • Sunday: Leftovers
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


1 comment:

  1. I would love to eat at your house. Chicken salad is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete