Monday, July 25, 2011

Menu 7-25

Recap From Last Week:
 
Monday we had Hawaiian Tuna Sandwiches on Hamburger Buns. It was the first time I tried the bun recipe and I was very pleased with the results. We also had Green Bean Apple Salad. Honestly, I liked it better the first time we had it but I think the difference might be that I used a Granny Smith Apple this time instead of a Red Delicious.
Tuesday we went to Red Robin for my birthday. I got the Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich, the highlight of which was the grilled pineapple on it. Delicious!

Wednesday night we had burgers with sweet potato fries. We used the rest of the Hamburger Buns for the burgers and again loved them. The sweet potato fries weren't really fry-like in crispiness but I wasn't expecting that since I was unable to find a recipe where people got a good crisp on them.
Thursday we had Spaghetti Pie with Breadsticks. That was the second time I made the breadsticks and we loved them once again so I will definitely be keeping that recipe!
For my birthday I made Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting. What a delicious combination!
This week I also made also made Breakfast Bars with Strawberry Mango Sauce that we loved! I learned that stacking them in a container and putting them in the fridge is not the best way to store them though as they got a little soggy, but still tasty.

We had an atypical weekend and ended up having pizza on Sunday night. This week we had Fajita Pizza which uses the normal Pizza Sauce and is topped with chicken, green peppers (and red peppers if available), onion and a sprinkle of chili powder.This was one of the first types of pizza we tried when we started experimenting with different pizzas. Obviously, we determined it was a keeper!


Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Bunsteads with Green Pea Salad: The Bunsteads are an old favorite but the Green Pea Salad is a new recipe. I'm going to try the Hamburger Buns again. Assuming they're as successful as last week this might become my go-to bun recipe.
  • Tuesday: Chicken Tortilla Soup possibly with Corn Bread: I don't think we've had soup at all this summer so I don't even feel bad making it.
  • Wednesday: Chimichangas with Mexican Rice: Last time we had Chimichangas I experimented with making Mexican Rice. It turned out great but of course I didn't write down what I did. Hopefully I'll be able to make it similar again.
  • Thursday-Sunday: My daughter and I are going home for a wedding shower this weekend so I'm leaving some easy foods for my husband: (his requests) frozen pizza, frozen burritos, mac n cheese, ramen, etc.
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment