Monday, July 4, 2011

Menu 7-4

Recap From Last Week:
Well, even though the Ravioli looked easy it was not. It ended up in the garbage and we had spaghetti instead. That's okay though because it had been ages since we'd had spaghetti.
The BBQ Chicken turned out awesome! It was so tender, moist and delicious. The Vegetable Risotto was good but my husband thought it just tasted like rice with vegetables stirred in. I liked it though so next time I made it I'll probably just put some chopped veggies in the rice and call it good.
The Hawaiian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches were, not surprisingly, very similar to the Ham and Peach Sandwiches and Bistro Apple Paninis we've had recently. The Creamy Corn Salad was excellent! I couldn't figure out if it was simply the mayo or the basil that was giving a wonderful taste but I loved it.
We ended up not having Stromboli as planned but instead had guests for dinner. We had 3 Cheese Ziti, Breadsticks and Triple Chocolate Cookies. We'd had the Ziti before and loved it, the Breadsticks are definitely a keeper and the Cookies were okay. They ended up spreading so much that I made the rest of the dough as bars which worked out great. I probably won't be keeping the recipe though.
Burrito Pizza was the selection for this week and I didn't even have to make it. All I did was make and roll out the dough then my husband took it from there. I'm pretty sure it tasted that much better because of that!
Instead of French Toast Stratas we had regular plain French Toast and it was still wonderfully delicious.
For breakfasts during the week we had Sweet Potato Muffins. These are absolutely wonderful. The only sad thing is I used the rest of my sweet potato puree from the freezer so no more of these muffins for a while. {Recipe coming Wednesday.}


Onto This Week:
  • Monday: Leftovers
  • Tuesday: Stromboli: This is a carry-over from last week.
  • Wednesday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches: This is a recipe from a friend of mine from college that I'm looking forward to trying.
  • Thursday: Hot Dogs and Homemade Baked Beans: Such a simple but tasty meal!
  • Friday: Pizza Night! TBD: We'd like to have Sweet Hawaiian Pizza but that's only if I find a decent price on green peppers this week.
  • Saturday Brunch: Egg Sandwiches: Husband's request.
  • Sunday: Leftovers
Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.


2 comments:

  1. i want to try the hawaiin sandwhiches too!
    i'd love if you visited my blog
    you can check out my Menu Plan here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting from MPM. I love the way you share pictures from your previous weeks' meals! Great idea. That Sweet Hawaiian Pizza recipe sound delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete